Disclaimer: I received compensation and/or product from ShaveMob for the below post. All opinions located in post are 100% mine and mine alone unless otherwise stated. Please do your own research before you commit to buy a product or service as your opinion and experiences may vary.
In the chronic illness world there is this thing called The Spoon Theory thought up by Christine Misrandino, a Lupus sufferer. I may be a Lymie and suffer from several other ailments but this theory stretches beyond just one set of chronic illness sufferers and encompasses us all; kind of like an unwritten language amongst all us 'spoonies.'
Ultimately the theory is there to explain to normal people a little bit of how an ill person feels on a daily basis and how we manage our 'spoons'--on any given day we may have more (or less) spoons to spend on day-to-dad activities like waking up, brushing our teeth, cooking food, showering, and even shaving.
Now that you know a little about the theory, you'll understand when I say most of the time I barely have spoons to spend on showering to keep myself clean so shaving is a very rare luxury. Sadly I'll go months without being able to shave because I physically just....can't.
And let me tell you, sporting those Chewbacca legs constantly, even wearing pants to conceal them, wreaks havoc on one's self esteem.
Thanks to ShaveMob, at least part of my difficulties are solved!
ShaveMob is a flexible monthly subscription service for men and woman who are tired of paying for overpriced razors just to be able to do something that's as necessary as brushing your teeth or showering. Starting as low as $8.99 per month, you can find the perfect shaving fit for you and your hairy self...oh wait, that's just me.
You're able to choose your preferred razor and supply as well as save up to 70% off what you would be spending in stores. Not only that but my favorite part is your whole supply comes all at once, not once a month, which saves you on shipping and packaging.
Running low on your supply already you shavetastic hairless beast you? Changing and re-ordering your previous order is simple and easy!
While it still is difficult for me to physically shave and I still go months without sleek and smooth-baby-butt legs, I can say that ShaveMob razors did help the process along when I do have the energy to shave from time to time.
Their razors are super easy to use and give you a really nice close shave that makes you want to dance around after the deed is done.
And believe me I did!
I also love the fact that your whole supply comes in the mail at once; you can shave until your hearts content, or at the very least you're hairless from head to toe (if that's what you want to do, no judgement here). Since I don't do it often this 3 month supply I received is going to last me a LONG time.
As always customer service is a big part of what makes a company successful and their customer service is top notch! Seriously, being able to converse with a company that's kind, courteous, and cares about the welfare of their customers is and will always be a welcome and appreciated experience.
Now in the spirit of hairlessness, here are some nifty, thrifty, and natural tips to help you along when it comes to shaving!
1. Save money--since we're saving money on razors, why spend what you saved on shaving cream? Just buy a bottle of hair conditioner! A bottle will last you quite awhile and the conditioner will leave your legs feeling silky soft when you're done.
2. Cut yourself shaving?--just dab a little raw honey on the cut to help speed up the healing process! Raw honey naturally has antimicrobial properties that help that cut from getting infected. Make sure it's raw or Manuka honey otherwise you won't get the healing benefits.
3. Keep that razor sharp--want to save even more money and keep that razor twice as long? Run the blades along the legs of a pair of old blue jeans. It'll help sharpen the blades and keep that razor working just a little bit longer.
4. Skin brushing--invest in a nice natural-bristled brush and start skin brushing daily. Not only does it help detour those pesky ingrown hairs but doing it the correct way will help circulation of the body and reduce the look of cellulite. Just for that I'm sold!
5. Moisturize--after your legs are all shaved and smooth as a baby's bottom, make them even smoother with a mixture of coconut oil and your favorite essential oil scent. Just take a little bit and rub it in all the way up your legs. It's okay if you keep going back for a little bit more; it takes me a few tries to get the whole leg covered.
Which tip is your favorite? Do you have a special tip or trick to add to the list?